If you’re a landlord, here is a step by step guide for creating an account and sending a background report application to a prospective tenant.
- Go to Whitepages TenantCheck, and create your profile by inputting your information.
- Add the property you are intending to rent out, by clicking + Add a property. If you have more than one property, you can always add those later in the same way.
- Insert the property information, rent amount, deposit amount, and length of lease.
- From there, you’ll be taken to the tenant form, where you’ll do 4 things:
- Enter the contact information for the applicant. Individual applicants must create their own Whitepages TenantCheck accounts and submit their own individual applications.
- Choose between a basic or enhanced report.
- Choose who will pay for the report, you or the tenant.
- Click Send application to tenant.
That’s all there is to it. An email will be sent to the applicant so they can fill out their portion. Once they do, and the payment is processed, the results will be returned to your account and you’ll receive an email notification from us.