If you’re a prospective tenant, you won’t need to do anything on Whitepages TenantCheck until you receive an email from us, with a link to create an account and submit the information for the background report.
- Click on the link in the email you received from us to take you to the sign-up page. If you don't see the email right away, be sure to check your updates and spam folders.
- Enter your name and email address before creating a password and clicking the blue Create Account button.
- If you are paying for the report, enter your payment information and click "continue." If the landlord is paying for the report, you won't see this step.
- Answer a few questions about yourself so that your background report can be retrieved from TransUnion.
- Answer a few identity authentication questions so that we can ensure that you are the one requesting your report. This information is not stored by Whitepages or viewable to Whitepages employees. For more information on what information is visible to landlords, please see this article: What info does a landlord have access to, and long can they view it?
Then you’re done. Once both you and the landlord have input the necessary information and the payment is processed, the results from your background report will be sent to the landlord.